June 23, 2016
How Moving Companies Can Use Search Campaigns to Attract New Customers this Summer
By: Chelsea Peck | Marketing Communications Coordinator
For many, summer is often the most convenient season to move. The younger kids are out of school, the older kids are getting ready to move to college and the weather is warmer. This means summer is real estate season. Line up the moving trucks.
Consumers made more than seven million purchases last year involving movers and storage companies according to LSA, a good portion of which came during the summer months. The rush of business means moving and storage companies need to ramp up their advertising efforts to be competitive this season.
Roughly three-fourths of moving searchers are new customers and 78 percent don’t have a company in mind when starting their moving search. With little or no preference on a company beforehand, there’s a significant opportunity for moving companies to capture new customers through search campaigns. Therefore, creating locally-focused search campaigns in the summer months can generate significant business for the brands that provide moving services.
It’s important for advertisers to understand their target audiences before developing search campaigns. Here are some helpful stats from LSA to get to know movers.
- Consumers researching a move use search engines 74 percent of the time.
- 78 percent of consumers check out moving companies’ websites to find more information.
- The profile for buyers leans slightly toward females about 44-years-old using laptops and smartphones to conduct research.
These stats show that moving companies can benefit from search campaigns to reach their target audience. This could (and should) include:
- Search engine marketing (SEM) – Ramping up budgets and maximum bids during the season to attract more clicks.
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO) – Optimizing technical website components and on-page content for relevant keywords to boost organic search traffic.
- User Experience (UX) – Enhancing the UX of digital properties for both laptops and mobile devices to keep consumers engaged after the initial interaction.
Search-related campaigns are just the beginning. To attract summer movers and new customers all year long, brands must continually hone these campaigns and test new strategies (like display advertising and lead generation solutions). This includes developing holistic campaigns that reach potential customers at any time on any device.